According to Tim

Monday, February 16, 2004

From Good to Terrible
The Good
This weekend started off on a good note, except for the 3 hours of sitting in traffic as I try to go to Messiah. But I finally made it and saw Vikki. We went to a good restaurant on Friday and walked around Harrisburg for awhile. Then back to her place where we met up with everyone else for ghetto tripoly. Saturday was an interesting trip to see my grandfather. Even he claims that my mother is a nut. The scary thing is I may be the only sane member of this family. Oh well. But 2.5 hours of drinking at the Outback was great. Good food, good booze and good friends. What more could you ask for.

The Terrible
To every Yin there is a Yang. I returned home on Saturday and went directly to bed. At about 4/4:30 my dad woke me up and said he was taking my mom to the hospital. Well, that was no good. I was told to go to church and class as usual and I would be posted. During one of the breaks, I received a call from my dad. He said my mom has congestive heart failure. The normal heart pumps at about 60% of its capacity; my mom's was at 10%. They don't know why since she is healthy otherwise. Her heart is just weak. So she is being kept there for a few days for observations and medication. To make matters worse, in my class we talked about the heart and circulatory system the entire time. So my mind was racing. But they are saying things are going to be all right. She just needs to make a few life style changes and she should be able to do everything as before. We are all praying things work out as well as the doctors say.

Drink of the Week
Because of the trying weekend I had I figure a drink that would easy my mind would be appropriate.

Mind Eraser
0.75 oz. Kahlua
1.25 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Tonic Water

1. Fill a rocks glass with ice
2. Add Kahlua and Vodka
3. Top with Tonic
4. Stir slightly
5. Drink with a straw in one shot.

Bonus Drink
This one is for Jimmy.

Bubble Gum

1.5 oz. Vodka
1.5 oz. Banana Liqueur
1.5 oz. Peach Schnapps
1.5 oz. Orange Juice

1. Fill a shaker with ice.
2. Add all the ingredients
3. Shake
4. Pour into shot glasses. (Makes 4 shots)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home