According to Tim

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

The Night from Hell
My mother finally found out about the bat. But that's not even the half of it. Our furnace gave out, so we placed an emergency call in. The guy came out fixed it and cleaned some stuff. After he left, then my mom came home and complained that something was burning. So a call went back to the repairman and he traveled all the way back here. He fixed the problem then left. This was about 11:30. I'm trying to get to bed because I have to be at work early, but that didn't matter. My mom started to complain about the bat and she was scared, so my dad went to the basement to find it. My brother went with him. My mom made me sit up with her because the bat was going to eat her. This was all over by 1 AM. Don't forget I had to be at work at 7:30. I finally got to sleep. But the night was not over. At around 3:30 G. Scott starts screaming (very reminiscent of Ryan Watson's screaming when his legs cramped freshman year). That was last night.

Work and boredom
The fun continued today at work. I was late for work because of traffic, but I was in before anyone else. I had to run HPLC (don't ask) to purify a dye conjugate for my project. I could only inject small volumes (10 -100 microliters) dye at a time. Each run takes 40 minutes to complete; I had about 2-5mL of dye. You do the math. I was interrupted and a visiting researcher bumped me to do the same thing with his prep. He came in at noon and I had done only a handful of runs. So I went to my office to wait until he was finished, which didn't happen until I was leaving for the day. So I have to do the whole thing over again on Friday as soon as I get in. But it did give me time to do some homework. At least something was accomplished.

By the way, we had an exterminator come for the bat. The bat apparently left the same way it came in. The exterminator sealed the probable entry. And that was that. And Scott was having back spasms last night that are still continuing. As long as I get some sleep tonight, I should be fine considering I deal with the brilliant minds of Towson tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home