According to Tim

Saturday, January 12, 2008

2 Weeks of Surgery are Over!!

My first two weeks of surgery rotation are now over and I'm loving every minute of it. The day starts at 4 or 4:40 AM for prerounding. We then round with the residents at 6 for about an hour. We grap a quick breakfast, and then it's off to the OR for the rest of the day. After doing surgeries we have to write post op notes, and we round again with the residents at 6 or 7 PM. Some days we have to meet with the program director (this is normally anytime after 5PM). Then we go home, have a quick dinner and fall asleep. The hours are long, the surgeries can be bloody, but this has to be my favorite rotation so far.

Here are some of the things I have seen so far:

1. The removal of some gallbladders
2. The repair of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm that had complications (The surgery last 8 hours with blood squirting up to hitting the over-head lights)
3. The removal of a massive cystic lesion from a guy's hip (they let me make the first incision)
4. The removal of a cyst from someone's leg.

I think I found a career I want to go into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home