According to Tim

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

New Challenges
I started my new project today. My new boss is a royal pain in the ass!! I just walk in and he barks at me to get to work!! I didn't even know where my desk was. Then I was told to go look in the freeze for a vial of E. coli. This normally wouldn't be a problem except I had no idea how the vial was labeled or what the box looked like and neither did my boss. So I had to root around and show him every thing that was labeled E. coli. It turned out that none of the tubes I showed him were it. The correct one was labeled something completely different. Then he says to me, "I should have expected that you didn't know how it was labeled." No ----!! If he had no idea, how the hell would I know what to look for. After that, I had to make sure that we had all the chemicals needed for the experiments. Well, this was a task in itself because nothing in the laboratory is organized. There are computer parts all over the place, bottles everywhere and chemicals just laying around. I asked if we had something and a box was thrown at me. He said it should be in there and if it wasn't I would need to order it. I filled out the form and then found the bottle I needed hidden in the back of a cabinet. It was not a good day.

So for a bit of relaxation and to celebrate Memorial Day, here is

The Drink of the Week

Big Blue Sky

0.5 oz. Light Rum
0.5 oz. Blue Curacao
0.5 oz. Cream of Coconut
2.0 oz. Pineapple Juice

1. Fill blender with all the ingredients plus 3 oz. crushed ice.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a goblet and garnish with a pineapple wedge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home