According to Tim

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I thought Vacations were for relaxing

Ever since I came home for the island, it has been nothing but go...go...go. Up everyday by 7 or 8 to run errands or wait around for furniture that never shows up. Then there are all the holiday get-togethers and Christmas shopping. Then once Christmas finally does come, it is a complete blur. The day after Christmas we loaded up the U-haul and SUV and headed for the condo in Florida at 3AM. (You read that right. My mother bought a condo in Panama City Beach, Florida). The trip should have taken around 17 hours, but because of traffic it lasted an excruciating 23 hours. The four of us trapped in the same vehicle for all those hours is never a pleasant experience. Once we got here, we had a few hours of sleep then woke up to paint 3 rooms. It was a nightmare. Now, I'm sitting in the lobby downloading my CDs to my iPod while all the snowbirds are in here playing euchre.

Besides all this, my vacation has not been all that bad. I did get to see some people I haven't seen in awhile and I did find out I'm on scoring the same as US med students on the national exams. So I'm right were I should be. Now if only I could find a day to go skiing....(want to help Jimmy?)

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

It's gonna be pretty hard finding a place to ski there Florida isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home