According to Tim

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING?
Tonight, due to the lack of engaging television, I subjected myself to the spectacle that is American Idol. The question I keep asking my self is "Why haven't the friends of these so-called singers told them that they can't sing?" Heaven knows I have been told I'm lacking talent. The other question is "Why am I watching this tripe?" Reality television, and television in general, needs to be reworked. Come on people put down the remote (yes I said that. Me the king of the couch potatoes; the one who knows more about TV than anyone I know things we need to get away from TV for awhile) and rediscover life and each other. Read a book, go to a foreign film (or see a classic movie), go to the theatre or visit a museum. Regain culture and life will be more exciting.

Speaking of rediscovering culture...
This week I began to reread a classic epic: The Divine Comedy. Right now, I'm reading "The Inferno". I can truly say that this is one of my favorite books (this is also the only part of the comedy I've read). It's just a master piece of imagery and symbolism (which for the most part does not exist (I have bitter feelings towards dissecting a literature)). This is one book everyone needs to read. It makes you think about your life and what effects your choices have. So impact your life and go read a book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home